A big thing happened in my family this past week. My parents who have been living in the Philippines for the past 4 years moved back to the untied states of America. Dallas Texas to be exact.
It still hasn't quite sunk in that this really happened. It feels like they are just on another trip back to visit.
This was why I wanted to be in Texas to be close to my parents. It has been bitter sweet knowing this day is here. Sweet in that they are back but bitter in that I still have significant travel time to see them.
But they are on their way here to Birmingham to see me for the weekend. It will be an adventure for sure. We will be sleeping air mattresses. I am not sure how we will eat meals or even what it will look like to chill in the apartment with my limited seating. But I think my missionary parents can handle it. I mean they have had to sleep on floors in foreign counties .... This will be nothing ... Right?
I do wish I had a bed for them, a room for them,a table with chairs, and apartment that felt more like my home.
I am so glad they are coming.
I am glad they got to go to the philippines.
I am so very glad they are back.
Welcome Home Mom and dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment