So I am studying for the NCE (National Counseling Exam)... every. single. day.
Part of the section I was studying yesterday made sense to every part of my being.
Grief and Loss
1. Grief is the normal intense emotional state associated with the loss of someone or something with whom or which one has had a deep emotional bond.
2. Loss refers to many kinds of deprivation
Yes! that is it those are the words to what I am feeling and experiencing. I am grieving many someones and somethings that I have/had an incredibly DEEP Emotional bond with. My whole past two yeas has been about emotional bonding not just bonding. It has been about emotionally bonding with myself, others, and God.
I have also just experienced Great loss and am deprived of many things and it stings.
In trying to figure out how to be kind to myself in this season I have restarted counseling again. I am so thankful for it. Though I can't wait to be sitting with clients again I am thankful for the times I get to sit on the other end.
I also would like to thank Skype for allowing me to have conversations that feed my soul better than a phone call. I have been skyping with friends and family through out the week laughing, crying, and just enjoying seeing their faces. Skype has felt like a kind thing to do for myself as well.
On a Random Note: I saw a peacock this morning
No comments:
Post a Comment