I have officially been in Texas for one month. It is kind of hard to believe. This one month can be summed up in one word "HARD". I found out shortly after moving here that I have to take and pass the NCE (National Counseling Exam) in order to get my intern number. If I was a better test taker, or just had more confidence in my academic abilities I might feel better than I do. So what I have decided to do is to take the month of July and study. I am making studying my full time job. I will then hopefully take the exam in August. I will post when I am going to take it because I can use all the prayers I can get.
The last weekend in June we went to my cousin Ari's wedding in Rockford, Illinois. Me and my parents drove the 16 hour drive.
Somewhere in Missouri
My cousin Ari
I spent the 4th of July with my parents at their friends house in North Dallas. We had a gourmet meal and it was delicious.
Here is a my red, white and blue (the ring was a gift from my dear friend Miranda)
Here captures a picture of what my life looks like for the most part. Studying ... Studying ... Studying
I have been able to take some breaks and visit with some friends which has been nice. But, this has been a hard season in life filled much anxiety and sadness. I miss my friends and my known routine in Orlando. I hate that my purpose lies in passing this exam. In feeling desperate to feel some what better I googled the other night "anxiety stress relief techniques". I am NEVER a fan of positive thinking techniques but like I said I was desperate. So one of the things they said to do was make a list of the things that are good in your life.
Some of the things on my list:
Family that has supported me and continues to, Friends that matter a great deal, My cats, A working computer, a graduate degree.
i am slowing figuring out how to study for this HUGE test. I am slowing getting a plan and routine to my days.
Thank you all who actually read this thing. I am trying to learn how to be kind to myself in this season and am sorry I just don't feel very fun and enjoyable to be around. I am hopeful for October. I look forward to October as life will hopefully be more known. It was good to read that transitions take about 6 months to settle into.
I miss you, Lani!
ReplyDeleteLove you a million too!
I miss you to Lizzie Dong Dong. Love you much
ReplyDeletePraying for you as you study. Much love, Aunty
ReplyDeleteThank you aunty I appreciate it. I will take all the prayers I can get.
ReplyDelete