It has been quite the interesting last few weeks. I kept meaning to blog each day about the drive the unpacking boxes and some other crazy Haps so hang on dear reader this is going to be a long one.
The night before my big move I hardly slept. I ended up getting up at 3 a.m. and arrived into my new Chapter of life by 1:00 p.m. Crossing the state line I stopped at the visitation center . The welcoming sign for the state read Alabama " The Beautiful ". I do hope this place will bring Beauty into my life.
October 30, 2011
Once I got in I started to unload my car and here is what my apartment began to look like. I will say it was kind of weird to be back in the apartment that I had only looked at for a few min's and it was kind of hard to adjust to it but since then it has grown on me more each day.
My friend Cheryl came over right away and helped me with a few boxes and brought me a beautiful bundle of yellow mums and a cookie and a cold bottled beverage. It was great to see a familiar face right away.
I was only able to pack what I needed in my car and wasn't able to bring my bed. I did have a air mattress so I started to blow the mattress up around 3 because I was super tired and wanted to lay down. I had blown up my air mattress many times before with a hair dryer but I guess I forgot this time to make sure to press the cold air botton and I burned a hole in the mattress. I laid on it trying to see if I could just manage to sleep on the floor because I was SO TIRED. I was talking to a friend on the phone and she encouraged me to go get another one so I could sleep on something. I then proceeded to try to find a target and got lost, went down a one way road the wrong way and then finally found a target. I got a air mattress and a pump got back to the apartment and then opened the bed and the pump and realized I had bought a car pump.....ughh so after trying to figure out if I should get back in my car and exchange it I decided to try my car. So here I was dragging my air bed to my car and laying it over the top of my car on the street. I plugged in the pump and watched my bed inflate. I then drug the mattress up the stairs threw it on the floor laid some blankets down and feel asleep.
The next day I decided to let my cats out on the lanai to enjoy the outside. Then all the sudden I see them jump onto a landing between my neighbors balcony. Then Kala my orange explorer decides to then jump up in someone's window and onto another Balcony. Basically she ended up at the farthest end of my apartment in some one else's space. I didn't know what to do. I watched her and called her but she just ignored me. Then she realized she couldn't get back to me and I saw her jump to another balcony and she just starting meowing very loudly... and she pooped.
I have not even been at this apartment complex for a day and already my cat has pooped on someone's property. Then I remembered the maintenance guy lives on the property so I knocked on his door and he was able to let me into the balcony to get her.
I wish that was the last odd and weird story
October 31, 2011
I then started to unpack some boxes and came across my dishes and it is just felt so good to use my dishes I had to stop and take a picture because just seeing my dishes made me smile. I have missed getting to use my things and it felt so good to see them and put them away. The next day after being in Birmingham was halloween. That night I went over to a friend of her friends house and we walked through their beautifully decorated neighborhood and walked with the trick-or-treaters. My friend Cheryl filled up the back of her truck with hay and all the kids had a hay fight. It was so hilarious to watch the kids oh and parents have one heck of a fight.Next funny story. I have felt like I have been camping. I had no microwave and no working stove and I am sleeping on a air mattress. So I had to get creative with what I could eat. One day it was quite cold and all I wanted was a bowl of hot soup. This would be a quick and easy meal with working stove, but my gas still had not been turned on yet. Then I looked at my coffee maker and thought hummmmmm..... I poured water into the top and put the can of soup into the coffee pot. Creative huh? But unfortunately it wasn't hot but it was a bowl of soup.
The following week a neighbor moving out gave me a desk, a old bench, a set of two drawers, a picnic basket, and a cool pot and vase. That was a neat unexpected blessing.
The next weekend I drove with Cheryl to Orlando and I got to see good friends. On the way down I saw these fields of white stuff. I asked Cheryl what they were and she said it was cotton. So we pulled over and I got to pick some cotton. I really am in the deep south.
November 11, 2011
Being in Orlando felt good. It felt good to be back in a familiar place that held so much of me. It was nice to drive and recognize my surroundings and see the faces of people that I love so dearly. I got to hang out with my friend Miranda that saturday. They were going to be having a garage sale and were getting rid of a bunch of stuff they gave me a microwave, a printer, and a desk. So we painted this desk together and I was able to bring it back and I am using it like vanity/ drawers. Here is a picture of our creation we made together.
November 14, 2011
The next weekend I went to Atlanta to be in my dear friend Deborah May's wedding. It was really neat because fall here is breath taking so the drive to Atlanta was nothing short then BEAUTIFUL. It was only a 3 hour drive for me so a quick and easy trip. It was a great weekend getting to see Deborah and her family. I enjoy the friendships I have in my life and I deeply enjoy getting to connect with people over and over and in moments that matter. It was a rich weekend and it felt good to be able to be with people that know me and to be apart of her life changing event. I love you Deborah McCoy!
November 19, 2011
I was back in Birmingham and enjoyed a relaxing day just chilling. I have been going to my friends Church called Red Mountain it's been neat it is different and I honestly feel that I am falling more in love with Liturgy and weekly communion. They have their service in the evenings which is nice because you get to sabbath the morning. The other great thing is I can walked to the church. It is literally 3 blocks away. Went to church and was walking back and saw this guy up ahead walking and everyone in this neighborhood is super friendly so I said hi and he said nothing but I thought well maybe he is just having a bad day. Then as I approached my apartment I noticed a bunch of people outside I thought oh well maybe someone is having a party then I noticed they were all staring at these cars. Then I looked closer there was a car up a electrical pole... wait a second.... that's my car up the electrical pole.
Then this girl approached me and said is this your car I am sure my look of shock gave it away. She was on the phone with the police. The neighbors all began to tell me what happened. This guy was speeding and swerving down the road and then slammed right into my car. His car was banged up pretty hard and his air bags released. They said they all ran out and saw him try to start up his car several times but then just got out and stumbled to the side walk and fled. So the guy I walked by while walking home was the very guy who totaled my car. I started to walk after him and my neighbor stopped me and told me don't go after him because you don't know how drunk and high or dangerous he is.
Several people saw it happen and were able to give identification to the cops. Then I gave the cops my information called my insurance company and walked back into my apartment now with out a car. I have called the police several times and they still have not found the guy. This guy drunk and driving totaled my car and now will not have to help me in any way what so ever
By the way that is not my hub cap in the left picture but the actual metal what the tire rests on.
So I have been walking everywhere which was been good exercise and I have gotten to explore the city better on foot but it's been hard to be with out a car. I ended up getting the rental they had for me but I can only use it for 7 days so I wanted to wait to use till I absolutely needed to. I went on monday to grab the rest of my belongings out of my car. I will hopefully be getting a check in the mail to get a new one this next week. I am actually going to be flying to Texas to get a car because this guy at Wycliffe has one for the price I can pay right now with out a job. I will then go to storage and get a few more things.
Ughh so the craziness of my life continues.
I still don't have a job I continue to apply to jobs everyday. I had a interview and did a viewing at a eating disorder clinic the first week I arrived but sadly I still do not have a job.
so in closing out this super long post here is a picture of my kitties that though they cause me craziness and take up space on my twin size blow up mattress they are my cuddle buddies and I enjoy them.














No comments:
Post a Comment