10.19.2010

A Train Ride









Why is it that the sound of the engine, the swaying of the car, and the rushing of the scenery while riding a train makes me feel so old world? How come we don’t ride train’s more often? I love my independence and the convenience of driving my car, but right now riding this train the world seems to slow down if only for a few moments as I listen to this train car rattle . Outside I see bright, orange, yellow, red, fall tress move past my window like some long beautiful, on going painting. Sitting on this train makes me want to write. Write my life, write my thoughts. Hearing the train horn and the stillness in this train car feels good to my soul.

I am riding this train into the great city of Chicago where I will be attending my former roomie and dear friend from Hawaii Stephanie Lawson’s wedding. I will be the maid of honor for the third time in my life. Each and every time has been just what it’s called a true “honor”. So sitting in the seat next to me is my brides maid dress, just chilling. I will get off this train walk a mile near the magnificent mile and get on another train that will take me to Stephanie’s parents house.

I am on fall break from school, and have taken a few of my vacation days from the clinic to have a vacation. I spent the last 5 days visiting my cousin and her new addition to her family. I think it’s amazing that while our lives are at two very different places we still need each other and want to be involved and in the know of what are lives our like. The bond I have with my cousin might be better thought as more of a sister type bond. She is the only person outside my immediate family that has known me my whole life and has kept up with my life happenings all my life. She is a Great mom. I can say this because I witnessed it all week long. But she is also a dear sister/friend.

While in IN I got to see and visit Michael and Suzanna Cover. I have known Michael since 7th grade. I had not seen him for almost 5 years. It was so neat to sit with a friend and his wife and get to talk about life. It's neat to sit with people who really want to know about your life. It’s in moments like these that cause me to take awe of how crazy and amazing life is.

I wonder what it’s like for these people living near this rail road hearing the sound of it's horn several times a day. Out my window I saw an older lady sitting on her porch and she was waving at the train, I wonder how many times has she done that today? Will i ever get to live in a place where I will experience all 4 seasons.

Well going to close my computer and enjoy taking in the view and the moment of feeling old world like.

No comments:

Post a Comment