10.15.2009

Do this in Remembrance of Me

So sunday before last I went to church and we had communion. Something stood out to me like never before. The pastor keep saying the word remember, remembrance and for some reason those words stood out to me more than usually. Jesus said something to the extent of "every time you eat and drink remember me". Well I don't know about you but I eat and drink something many times in a day, so every time EVERY TIME I do I am to remember you, Remember your life, your messages, your love for the poor, your hard journey, your DEATH, your Resurrection. Every time... so in essence you are asking me to remember you Jesus every time I do such normal regular everyday things. As I watched many people go up and take of what we call "Communion" it was this rush of feeling all over me, why then do we tell ourselves to move on or forget others that have died. I think what happened in those moments that sunday was the feeling of Jesus saying it is ok to remember those that you have lost and loved, in fact remembering something about them everyday .... there is something sweet to the soul to allow oneself that joy of Remembering. Loss and death have been things on my mind lately due to people, situations, and months that surround this blog. I have been thinking so much of how much beauty is in remembering, saying, telling, sharing, things remembered.
Why do we rush things, " move on" " they are in a better place" "they are not here they are in heaven" " I'm fine" "it was God' timing"
Why don't we just take time to remember as often as we want or like, if Jesus is asking me to remember HIS DEATH I think there truth and beauty in remembering others whom are not with me anymore on earth.
To anyone who is reading this I hope you remember and never forget

1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing! you are awesome and i am praying for you! God is your strength and He will get you through anything! love you!

    ReplyDelete