9.30.2011

Here we go again.. no wait here I go again

The space in my blogging is because life has been full of so much unknown that there didn't seem anything to write about. So after thinking and thinking and weighing and researching my  life's options and choices with where I am in life... I have decided to move to Alabama.  Birmingham to be exact.  I have a community of people there that are for me and are a community I want to be around because they are people that dream and think the way I want to continue to. Also the laws are different in Alabama and I would be able to see clients sooner.  The state has the exact same exam the NCE and requires the same supervised hours.  I also found out that with the right paper work Texas will accept a License from Alabama.  It's nice to know that I have options.
This decision did not come with out much twisting in my heart because my parents are going to be moving back to Texas in February.  The whole reason I moved out here was to be closer to family and friends and to be somewhere for a while.  

I wish that this move would guarantee that I won't experience loneliness or other hard seasons.
But I guess knowing that those things will still happen and that I get to still choose where I want to be. I  choose this plan.

I don't know all the details yet like where will I live? Work? Most questions my answer still is UNKOWN.  But I am willing to take this risk and just see.

One of my dear friends was saying that sometimes being Courageous looks like Foolishness and some times what looks Foolish is Courageous.

Today I grabbed and loaded boxes into my car from my parents container on a horse ranch... again...
I did this already.  I actually did this exact thing two years ago.  No wait I have put boxes in my car too move many times in the past two years.
I moved to Florida from Hawaii summer of 2009.  Then I stayed with someone for a week, then moved into a home for a month, then moved into a small apartment.  I did all that from June 2009 to August 2009. I then moved again summer of 2010 from that apartment into a house which I shared with 3 other people.
Then I just packed up my stuff again this past summer 2011.  And now I am moving again.
So let's see that's 6 about to be 7 moves in the past 2 years.  YUCK!

As I was loading my car this older man that takes care of the property drove by and asked if I needed help. I said no I was fine, he asked where I was headed. I heard my voice "Alabama" I think you can't even say Alabama with out sounding southern, or with a accent.  He said what? your car has Florida license plates and your in Texas.  I said yea and now I moving to Alabama.
 I am moving to Alabama.
I am moving.

In case your wanting to know:
* I have Florida license plates
* I live in Texas right now
* I am moving to Alabama
* I have a Hawaii Drivers License
What the Heck?!

I find that sometimes I have a hard time understanding or relating to people that were born and raised and stayed in one place.

It was nice to see some of my things again.  I long for the day when I can be out of boxes.

So what my next month looks like.  I am going to  be driving the 10 hour trip to Alabama next week to check out things and visit with good friends.  I will then drive back to Texas and tie up things here. Then I hope to be moving sometime in November.

I still am living in much uncertainty.  I am not very good at waiting season's.

No comments:

Post a Comment