Yes It happened I actually finished my program. I graduated with my Masters in Counseling May 20, 2011. It really happened. As soon as they handed me my degree and I sat down I opened the flap and just started to cry. It has been a long road to get here and to be holding it in my hands was a moment of pure Bliss for me.
My parents flew in all the way from the Philippines for this event. They have been a huge support for me along with many of you. For that I want to say thank you! thank you for all your words, prayers, and encouragement to me .
To my Friends in my program who have impacted my life in ways you will never know.... Thank you. I miss you all already and my heart aches and longs to see you again.
So the days following graduation turned into packing up my life in Florida. For about a week straight it was packing through out the day and chilling in the evenings.
I then got to go to Marco Island, Florida and visit some good college girl friends. It was a neat way to celebrate the end of a huge chapter in my life.
Then I left. I left my life in Orlando Florida June 5th. We loaded up a small U-Haul Truck that my Dad drove and Me and my Mom drove my car with my two cats. We drove up to Atlanta and stayed with my dear friend Deborah May. It was good to see her and be around a good friend in the midst of this transition.
Then Texas Tuesday arrived. Tuesday June 7th I arrived in my new chapter of life. Though I have been here before, lived here before it's totally different than visiting. Moving is hard. I don't like living in the "unknown". I know this will work out, but for now I feel quite tender to much. I am thankful for my best friends parents housing me while I figure out my life here.
So I am sure I will write more as time goes on saying more exciting things but for now life is just uncertain. There is a way that blogging makes me write and face my reality, so I have avoided this for a while. I am hopeful for a Purpose here. I am sad to say goodbye to friends and a community once again in my life.
I know Life will come together here. Currently I am interviewing at a counseling clinic in North Dallas and am looking at applying to a agency job as well. We will see what works out. What is Life post-grad school ? not sure yet, but stay tuned and I'll let you know.



miss you so, friend...dubs
ReplyDeleteMiss you too so very much
ReplyDelete