1.26.2011
A night in the clinic
So last night there was a big storm. Clients had canceled and there was only a few of us counseling students left in the clinic and one of our proff's Jim. After we had evacuated to the hall because the sirens went off we all chilled in the break room. Jim, Lizzie, Cheryl, Yvette, David, and Me. I asked Jim what it was like to lose classes and have that transition happening every two years. Jim said that though it was hard he really enjoys what he does. He always has trouble liking the first years at first but eventually they grow on him and by the 2nd year he is bonded to them. In the middle of him talking I realized this was going to be our last time it being just us, just our class hanging out in the break room. I found myself trying to soak up people's faces, voices, laughs, and the very moment of what my life is right now as a Counseling Student here at RTS. This place really is something. These people are quite amazing and they have all impacted my life in some way. It was a night I want to write down so that I won't forget. I believe that everyone in my class is going to make some damn good counselors and I know that they will challenge, sit, and care for those with whom they see and journey with. I am so proud of us and honored to know them and call them my colleagues. I know I will miss nights like these. Thank you MAC Class 2011, Thank you RTS, Thank you Jim and Scott. This experience in my life I think will impact me for the rest of my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment