Right now I sit OUTSIDE! I have been inside most of this day. As I left the clinic tonight walking to my car I said out loud to myself, "What a gorgeous evening". I got home and decided I would sit outside since it's NOT freezing out and soak up this still quiet evening outside. I would have loved to have taken a walk but since it is so late I have opted for sitting on my back lanai with snacks, a book, and some soft tunes.
So then it just felt like time for blogging.
Since the last blog post I have found out that I Failed that Test I was studying for. Today I wonder can I really do this Master's Level Education?. It really is a miracle that I am here. I think people think I am just being hard on myself but the truth is school has never come easy for me. I have struggled with academics my entire life and now more than ever I want this world to work for me, please!
I am thankful for a quick encouraging phone call from my cousin, and a few chats with friends.
Well stay tuned for if I really complete this thing, this Maters of Art in Counseling.
This week I had my first intake, my meeting with a client by myself. It was with a teen.
The words I am using to describe that session is... "Beautifully Intense".
I love teens and getting to work with this client confirmed that in me.
I was explaining it to fellow classmates as a scene from the movie"Hook". There is this scene where this kid walks up to Peter Pan he mushes his face around and says "there you are Peter". Coming out of that room I think I found myself in this counseling setting. It felt great!
So Lani's life continues to be ... many things
Glad to have a some time to be still, quiet, and to sit outside and enjoy the cool night air
No comments:
Post a Comment