Lani's Life......right now I sit a big dark desk. I am doing my work study job at the campus of Reformed Theological Seminary, this is where I go to school. I am living in Orlando Florida, that's right Orlando Florida! yea I still can't believe it either. I am currently a Full time Graduate student trying to get my Masters in Counseling. This program will take me two years! I started in the summer and will begin seeing clients in February (CRAZY). I would say every week since I have been here which I moved to Orlando the start of July and class started July 13. Every Week I think I cry at least once. This program is quite humbling we are challenged to work on ourselves so that we will be able to know how hard it is to be asked to share about ourselves, to go to a 12 step meeting, to be honest with yourself!! yea wow if this is what I am asking of people will come see me someday what a true act of bravery to bare your parts of you to a stranger. Then I work about 15 hours a week, I also have class everyday for 4 hours. It makes for some somewhat busy weeks.
But today I have a case of the monday's or something. I just don't feel like being here.
Ok I know this too shall pass but having trouble shacking it.
Well to those that are reading I hope and pray you have a great monday and I know that life is full of difficult things, changes, people, situations, and well I pray that these things in my life will only make more of who I need to be.
a life that is mine Lani's life
Living your own life, the life God created you to live, is a great goal! And walking the path you will invite others to walk reflects great integrity. Knowing God walks the path with you will provide the strength and courage you need along the way. Congrats on taking the step to "take up your cross and follow Jesus!"
ReplyDeleteLove you!
love you Lani! I am so proud of you and excited to hear how things go on your passion. I am praying, if you need a brake ATL is just a drive away. I would love to come visit sometime...let me know when is the best time. :)
ReplyDeleteGreetings from Arkansas, my far off and long lost friend. Lani, it's Damon! So good to hear you are in grad school, and off the islands - closer to your family. Good luck!
ReplyDeletehey girl:)I know God has a reason for each step, each day(whether filled with sunshine or terribly gloomy), and every new awakened realization you will have. You are so brave to do what you are doing, I hope you know that! I'm so very proud of you & admire you for chasing after your dream. Not many people always have the courage and faith to do so... Always remember that even in your hardest times you are never alone. He is always there. How lucky we are to have such an amazing father. That's how joel starts his prayers now, "Heavenly father..." And he is, so amazing and loving. Always praying for you girl...love, deb aka KATO:)
ReplyDelete